January 25, 2012

Oh Baby Baby!

Once upon a time 6 weeks ago we had a baby! On tuesday December 13th I went in to the doctors for a simple check up. While there I was told that I was indeed going into labor and that my blood pressure was a little high. So Dr. Gebert told me to walk myself on downstairs and check myself into labor and delivery and he would be there shortly to check up on my progress! So I called Justin and told him to grab the hospital bag, then I called my mom and told her to get on the next flight to Dallas, and I waddled myself on down to labor and delivery!
So I checked into the hospital at 11:00 am. My water broke at 12:00 pm. I got an epidural at 3:00 pm. My mom made it to the hospital room by 5:30 pm, thanks to Jerry's fast driving (and of course having the Camero helped as well)! And at 6:53 pm our lives changed forever when little Trace Justin Martin came into the world at 6 lbs 7 ounces and 18 inches tall!


Justin and I at the hospital!

My dad on facetime before the delivery!

Trace came out screaming!

Our first family picture!

Justin is one proud dad!

I just love my little man!

Jerry and Sara helped us out so much! We owe them big time!
Here is a picture of Trace and his Uncle Jerry!
(a friend of ours commented that Jerry is holding Trace like a football... haha)

I was so relieved that my mom made it there in time! I'll tell you that nothing makes you appreciate your mom more than having a baby...
Trace and his Grandma Robison!

We just love "The Baby Trace"

All in all the pregnancy was fine... a little uncomfortable in the end... but fine. Delivery was a piece of cake! Seriously though, thank heavens for modern medicine and epidurals! And the first two weeks after were AWFUL! ya... people don't really prepare you for that... BUT, every time I hold Trace and look at his cute little face I just think about how it was all worth it! We love him and we are so happy to have this handsome little man in our family!

8 comments:

  1. That's crazy about already being at the hospital and just walking in. Never heard that one before! We're glad everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! and your right about the first two weeks after! The picture of cross-eyed Trace is my laptop background. sooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, I felt the same way. So unprepared and uninformed about how awful the first two weeks would be. I really make it a point to be honest about that with my friends who are expecting their first baby, for that reason. Not everyone is in love with motherhood at first, and it's OKAY! It's hard, and sleep-deprivation does BAD things to you. Well, not you, to me.:) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara! I'm glad you brought up that the weeks after the baby is born is uncomfortable.I was talking to my pregnant sister in laws yesterday and they brought it up and that was literally the first time I had ever heard about any of that weird stuff. I reevaluated my life's choices after that conversation. But trace is as cute as ever! Let me know when you guys are going home next so we can come meet him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha Kayla this made me laugh! Ya I had no idea about some things but it's probably good that I didn't know everything that would happen! And after the first week or so everything just gets so much better! and it really is all worth it!

      Delete
  5. I love your first family picture! Can't wait to meet our new cousin, and I just realized that both our babies were born on the 13th. I agree, the first two weeks after having a baby are tough, but I definitely think it is worse with your first baby. I was totally clueless about the recovery with Caleb. It is a little bit easier when you know what to expect. I'm glad things are better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya our babies are exactly one month apart! That is so fun! Elle is such a cutie, and I can't wait to meet her and to watch her and Trace play together. I'm sure they will be great friends!

      Delete
  6. Dude! Kara! You totally don't even look like you just pushed out a baby. You're all beautiful laying there with your baby. No sweaty hair, no red face, no sweaty face, no broken blood vessels. Just beautiful! Congrats you guys. He is so handsome!

    ReplyDelete