November 9, 2011

Happy Halloween!

So right now we are pretty busy with work stuff and baby stuff and life stuff so we didn't have any huge exciting halloween plans, no parties, no costumes (unless you count me wearing lensless 3D movie theater glasses for work... which I don't really count...), and I actually had to work at REI on Halloween night, so in that respect we were pretty boring this year! So because I had to work Halloween night I had a little private Halloween party the night before! Justin hung around for a little, but he was really tired so he went to bed early and I had a fun filled night doing some of my favorite Halloween traditions!


Tradition #1: Pumpkin Carving

This years pumpkin turned out much better than my last years attempt in my opinion (If you can't tell the big pumpkin is eating the little one)



Tradition #2: Drinking Apply Cider!

This was delicious... however I decided afterwards that hot drinks late at night are not good for my prego squished stomach... I had major heart burn after! haha oh well it was for traditions sake!



Tradition #3: Pumpkin Seeds!

Homemade pumpkin seeds! These are the best, you just wash off the seeds from your carved pumpkin and bake them with a little butter and salt! YUM!


Tradition #4: Watching Hocus Pocus

No Halloween would be complete without watching this wonderful treasure from my childhood! Everything about this movie is just fantastic! From the funny one liners to the music! When I was little I can remember running around with some little friends pretending to be the Sanderson Sisters! haha anyways here is a little clip of my favorite song from the movie!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Kara! I totally enjoy you did this while Justin was sleeping. See ya at Christmas. You guys will be there right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Kara I did not know that you were working at REI. That should be a lot of fun! Hope all is well in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pumpkin eating another pumpkin!!! Your Halloween traditions are so fun!

    ReplyDelete