November 13, 2010

Ode to Doc Holliday: my favorite outlaw relative!


On the way to Colorado Springs we were driving through this tiny town and I saw this sign for Doc Holliday's grave site... now to a normal person this would not have been a big deal, but I am distantly related to Doc Holliday, so of course we had to stop to check it out!

Doc Holliday was a famous gambler and gunfighter in the old American West! He was also a doctor, hence the "Doc" part. I have always been very proud of this relative even though we are very very distantly related... but hey, not everyone can say that they have a famous gambler and gunfighter of the American West in their family tree! :)

Here is me taking a picture next to his face on the sign!
Can you see the family resemblance?

2 comments:

  1. That is why you are so good at BANG! Not fair at all - I think next time, you automatically get one less life point - even if you are El Gringo or Paul Regret.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin chose well. I was hoping he would find someone to protect him.

    ReplyDelete